Join us by praying and giving thanks for the journey God has put us on!
Tuesday, February 24, 2009
Priorities during the Lenten Season
As I enter into this Lenten season, I begin to wonder what God is calling me to. Its no coincedence that our devotion at school this morning was "priorities." Funny, that this topic come up during a time of such hustle and bustle. I have found myself setting aside my time with God and definitely any time that I might find selfish. When all along, this maybe exactly what God is calling me to. I always thought I had a good balance in life, at least I try to have one but I have began to notice that I give of myself in so many other ways to family and work that I forget about myself and most importantly God. I do believe that I glorify God throughout the day in what I do and say but I have begun to ask myself, how much one on one time do I spend with Him? If I say that "I love God" I then begin to ask myself , "Am I spending quality time with Him?" Many days I'm sorry to say, not really. Sure I attend church but as I learned today, church and God are seperate. And our first priority should be God. The scripture that comes to mind as I reflect is..."But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you. "Matthew 6:33. These words are so powerful......basically place Him first, make Him our priority and He will put everything else (home, family, church, career, etc.) in its place. Simple? Not so easy.....but I can see that my Lenten journey will be a time of reflection, prayer and devotion. So what am I giving up? Time.....yes time. Time away from those things, thoughts, or people that sometimes consume my days or evenings.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment