Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Knowing His Word

John 15:7


“If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be given to you.”

Plain and simple, if we continue to stay close to Him and know His word, he will give us our hearts desire.

Today is a snow day and it was supposed to be my first day back at work. I got up early enough that I could take my time, eat breakfast and be at school on time for devotion this morning. I got up, got ready, only to realize that we had a district wide closer. Definitely a blessing! God knows that I wasn’t able to literally enjoy any of my days off during recovery. Yesterday, I got relief during the evening from my nausea, thanks to God and thanks to my husband who was cooking dinner, which then allowed me to smell the food, and one thing led to another…..the Lord knows how to take care of His people. Today I will enjoy being with family in our cozy home on a snowy day, what a blessing! And what a blessing that I get to spend some more time dwelling in His glory! Today is the first day I have gotten up and felt normal, to a certain sense. No pain, no nausea, more energy, stitches are gone….I’m telling you God is good!



I have learned in my healing journey, to use His words in defense especially in times of weakness. I’ve learned one of the most important ways to stay close to him is through His word…I chose to remain in Him…I would not be where I am without Him!

Dear Heavenly Father,

I come before you, thanking you for the abundance of healing you have poured over me. My sickness has become my testimony. There have been many nights and days that I have fallen asleep and awoken to Your Word. Your Word has consoled me, has given me hope and has blessed me.

No comments: