Saturday, August 13, 2011

Not the first and certaintly not the last Miracle in our lives

Joe and I had been praying for a baby for quite some time.  For us, it had been almost a two year battle to get pregnant or should I say be able to conceive due to all of my health issues.  I was reminded of Hannah in the bible many times.  I completely understood her longings to be a mother and bear a baby and like Hannah, I continued to serve God and pray without ceasing!  I'm not sure if I was as patient as Hannah but definitely shared the same frustrations and believed that our day would come, I just wasn't sure when. Joe had continued to tell me, "Prepare for Rain."  And I did for the most part but I must admit that there were many days that I flooded my own pillow with tears waiting on God's timing.

 In May, I had a turning point.  May marked a year since I had received radiation and had an appointment for my annual cancer scan.  I had scheduled it all out (of course God had another plan), I had scheduled my injections to prepare my body for my scan.  I went to my appointment day 1 only to hear on day 2 that my other injections for the rest of week were backordered and they weren't sure when I was able to go in for my scan.  I was highly frustrated by this point because I had an appointment June 2nd and I wanted to tell my OB/GYN about my clear results and that we needed a little help getting pregnant.  See....I had a plan, but God had another plan!  I just knew my OB/GYN did not and would not work with me until my check up.  So in the middle of my thyroid doctor telling me he couldn't find injections anywhere in a 6hr radius and me throwing a fit on the phone I broke down and cried because My plan was not working.

My June 2nd appointment arrived and I thought, how ironic would that be if I was really pregnant and I was asking for some help.  I ran to CVS to buy a pregnancy test minutes before my appointment and the test showed positive!  I was in complete SHOCK, as you can imagine....I quit taking pregnancy tests months ago and believed that it was going to happen in God's timing.  I didn't initially tell Joe, trust me I was in shock.  I literally drove myself to my appointment in tears only to tell my doctor and nurse that I might be pregnant.  The nurses stood there and just cried with me, I had to tell them I've been praying for a baby for a long time!  I immediately took blood test to confirm and prayed that God's will be done.  I couldn't wait to get home and tell Joe!

So today we give thanks to a God who is allowing me to hold a miracle within!  We saw our baby for the first time at 7weeks and saw the heart pumping!  At 12weeks, we saw our baby kicking its tiny feet...it brought us such joy that my heart danced!   And just recentely, I have had the joy of feeling the baby moving around in the womb...one of the best feelings!  God has been so good to us! 

Even though I threw my fits, God has just revealed and unfolded his plan right before me.  He knew I would need this summer to rest and take it easy....and I did that all so well!  I took many naps!  We know this is not the first miracle and we certaintly believe that this is not the last Miracle in our lives!  Pray with us as we begin a new journey!

Here we are today, going on 4 months!  I know, I know, time has flown!  So, if your wondering if I'm showing.....I'm not, at least not yet.  I can definitely tell that I'm pregnant because my lower stomach is hard and trust me its not from doing crunches :)

                                                                      8 weeks



                                                                            12 weeks

5 comments:

Leighanna's said...

Congratulations Rachel! I am so happy for you!! God does have a plan and the hardest part for us is to be patient. There is so much peace knowing that our prayers will be answered but we must also be patient knowing that it will be in God's time...not ours. :)

Sherry said...

So amazing! Thank you for sharing your story! Can't wait to see your adorable miracle! God is sooooo good! ALL THE TIME!

Nancy said...

Awesome news! We serve a GREAT God! His timing is so perfect! Love ya and praying for you!

Anonymous said...

I am speechless and I talk a lot.I have been scared to be happy for you guys. I would be lost without Sienna and Evan.Because my kids are my joy.

Anonymous said...

I am sooo happy for you guys! You are truly blessed to have this miracle inside. Growing and nurturing while you feel every tiny hiccup and kick. Being pregnant can be both blissful and uncomfortable but I know you will only know the bliss!!!Praise God for the wonders He has done!! I share in your joy and happiness!! You two are amazing parents! Much love to you! Mario and Bren!